PROCEDURES FOR ISSUANCE OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD FOR FOREIGNERS IN VIETNAM
The order of execution:
Step 1: Prepare documents according to the provisions of law.
Step 2: Foreigners applying for permanent residence in Vietnam come to submit their documents at the Immigration Department – Ministry of Public Security.
* Immigration officers receive documents to check the legality and content of the dossier:
If the application is complete and valid, a receipt shall be written to the applicant.
In case the dossier is missing or invalid, the dossier-receiving officer shall not receive, guide and explain to foreigners applying for permanent residence to supplement.
* Time to receive documents: From Monday to Saturday every week (holidays, New Year holidays).
Step 3: The Immigration Department shall notify in writing the decision of the Minister of Public Security on the foreigner’s application for permanent residence. If accepted, within 05 working days from the date of receiving the notice of the immigration management agency, the police station of the province or centrally run city where the foreigner applies for permanent residence shall notify the foreigner. resolved for permanent residence.
Step 4: Within 3 months after receiving the notice of settlement for permanent residence, the foreigner must go to the immigration management agency of the police department of the province or centrally run city where he/she applies for permanent residence to receive the card. Resident:
Recipients give receipts, receipts for payment for comparison. The officer returns the test results and asks to sign and receive the permanent residence card to the person who comes to receive the results.
* Time to return results: From Monday to Saturday every week (holidays, Tet holidays).
Method of implementation: directly at the headquarters of the Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security.
Composition, number of records:
- Application for permanent residence;
- Judicial record issued by the competent authority of the country of which the person is a citizen;
- A note of the representative mission of the country of which the person is a citizen, requesting Vietnam to settle for such person’s permanent residence;
- Certified copy of passport;
- Papers proving eligibility to be considered for permanent residence specified in Article 40 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam (Law No. 47/2014/QH13, dated 16). June 2014);
- Letter of guarantee for foreigners specified in Clauses 1 and 2, Article 39 of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam (Law No. 47/2014/QH13, dated June 16, 2014).
+ Number of dossiers: 01 (one) set.
Time limit for settlement: Within 04 months from the date of receipt of complete dossiers, the Minister of Public Security shall consider and decide to grant permanent residence; In case it is deemed necessary to carry out additional verification, the extension may be extended but must not exceed 02 months.
Subjects performing administrative procedures: individuals.
Agency implementing administrative procedures: Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security.
Results of administrative procedures: permanent residence card.
Fee (if any): 100 USD/card.
Name of application form, declaration form (if any): Application for permanent residence (NA12).
Requirements and conditions for carrying out administrative procedures (if any): ensure the correct cases and conditions for permanent residence as prescribed in the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam Vietnam; detail:
+ Cases considered for permanent residence:
- Foreigners with meritorious services and contributions to the cause of construction and defense of the Vietnamese Fatherland are awarded medals or state honorary titles by the Vietnamese State.
- Foreigners are scientists and experts who are temporarily residing in Vietnam.
- Foreigners who are guaranteed by their father, mother, wife, husband and children who are Vietnamese citizens who are permanently residing in Vietnam.
- Stateless persons who have resided continuously in Vietnam since 2000 or earlier.
+ Conditions for permanent residence:
- Foreigners specified in the above cases shall be considered for permanent residence if they have lawful places of residence and have a stable income to ensure their life in Vietnam.
- A foreigner who is designated as a scientist or expert who is temporarily residing in Vietnam must be recommended by a minister, head of a ministerial-level agency or a government-attached agency in charge of state management in his or her professional field. recommended.
- Foreigners who are guaranteed by their father, mother, wife, husband and children who are Vietnamese citizens who are permanently residing in Vietnam and have temporarily resided in Vietnam for 03 consecutive years or more.
Legal bases of administrative procedures:
+ Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam (Law No. 47/2014/QH13, dated June 16, 2014).
+ Circular No. 219/2016/TT-BTC dated November 10, 2016 of the Ministry of Finance stipulating the regime of collection, payment, management and use of fees and charges in the field of exit, entry, transit and reside in Vietnam.
+ Circular No. 04/2015/TT-BCA, dated January 5, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security stipulating the form of documents related to the entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
+ Circular No. 31/2015/TT-BCA dated July 6, 2015 of the Ministry of Public Security guiding a number of contents on visa issuance, temporary residence card, entry and exit permit, settlement of permanent residence for foreign nationals. foreigners in Vietnam.